From the creator of 'WASP on the Web', 'Marching Songs of The WASP', 'WASP Collectible History Cards', and the 'FlyGirl's of WWII Traveling Exhibit' comes 'FlyGirl WWII', a colorful look back into the life and imagination of a young Florida girl who becomes a pioneering American Fly Girl!
This first of its kind WASP APP includes over 100 screens of memories, pictures, songs, and videos, all woven together as the interactive WWII experience of WASP Deanie Parrish -- one of the pioneering Women Airforce Service Pilots, the first women in history to fly America's military aircraft.
FLYGIRL WWII is a unique, interactive journey back in time when Model T's were the main form of transportation, and America was slowly coming back from the greatest depression in history. Follow young Deanie as she grows up in Central Florida and, when she realizes that boys in her town are being taught to fly, asks the question, “Why can't I learn, too?” Deanie goes on to solo. Eventually, the WASP are created. When old enough, she is accepted and completes Army Air Force Flight Training in West Texas. She graduates and becomes a B-26 air-to-air tow target pilot, training gunners (who are using live ammunition) for combat.
FLYGIRL WWII includes Deanie's most recent campaigns to shine a light on the little known history of the WASP -- thru her speeches and interviews by PBS, the Pentagon Channel, CNN, Fox News, and her perseverance for WASP national recognition and acceptance speech in 2010 in the US Capitol, on behalf of all the WASP, for the WASP Congressional Gold Medal. Additional resources include Deanie's speech, on behalf of all the WASP, thanking the Air Force Association for honoring the WASP with their Lifetime Achievement Award, and in 2011 her induction into the Gathering of Eagles by the USAF Command and Staff College at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Alabama.
FLYGIRL WWII is created and designed by Nancy Parrish, as if in the words of WASP Deanie Parrish, with her full support and participation. A wonderful way to learn about a missing chapter in the history of women, the history of the Air Force, the history of military aviation, and the history of America.
Included in the app:
• Interactive overlays that include dynamic photos with pinch and zoom, panoramas and scrollable frames, html5 animation, and over 60 screens with multi-state slide-shows.
• WASP Across America: US MAP with over 100 buttons. Clicking the buttons on the map brings up faces and video clips of individual WASP (the overlooked Women Airforce Service Pilots, WWII).
• Congressional Gold Medal: The gold medal spins as it is ‘swiped’ showing both sides. (The spinning Gold Medal looks fabulous on the ipad)
Music or sounds that play as soon as the next screen loads or a button is pressed, causing the sound to play.
• Scrolling text frames on many screens.
• Complete WASP WWII Timeline
• PDF articles of Public Law 111-40; Above & Beyond Tribute to the 38 Women killed flying for our country; “Passing it On” with inspirational quotes from 37 WASP and additional PDF's of original articles on the WASP and Wings Across America.
Should you wish more information on Wings Across America, Deanie Parrish, or the ongoing work to honor the Women Airforce Service Pilots of WWII, please visit wingsacrossamerica.us
If you have questions or comments about the APP, please feel free to email Nancy: firstname.lastname@example.org